How do you know you have cancer?
Cancer is one of the most important diseases of this age, because of its large spread recently and the inability to find the direct cause of the disease, and even the inability to stop its growth or treatment, because it is usually detected late.
What is cancer?Cancer is a disease that affects cells which are the basic unit of bodybuilding. Our bodies create new cells continuously until growth is done, replacement of dead cells, or treatment of damaged cells after injury. Certain genes control this process, so cancer occurs as a result of the damage of those genes, although there are a few people who inherit defective genes from one parent. Cells grow and multiply in an orderly manner, but damaged genes can form abnormal cells. These Cells may grow up to form a mass called a tumor. The tumor may be benign (not cancer) or malignant (cancer).
Cancer symptomsThere are no distinct or specific symptoms of cancer. Most of the symptoms that appear on people with cancer are due to other health problems, the cancer symptoms do not seem obvious to many people who are suffered from it, but the chances of recovery from cancer are high if diagnosed and treated early. These are some common cancer symptoms:
- Shortness of breath, anyone can feel shortness of breath, but if it continues for an unusually long time, the patient should see a doctor to assess his condition.
- Chronic cough lasts for more than a month and may be accompanied by bloody sputum.
- Anemia without any obvious cause.
- Masses in the breast or bloody secretions from it.
- urination problems such as burning sensation during urination, frequent urination, small amounts of urine and slow urine flow.
- Change in the shape and size of skin moles.
- Vaginal bloody secretions in unusual quantities.
- Chronic itching, especially in the anal and genital area.
- A chronic headache does not improve with medication.
- Chronic hoarseness of sound.
- Severe night sweats.
- An abscess does not seem to improve or recover.
- Difficulty during swallowing with indigestion that lasts a long time and continuously.
- Unexpected and Sudden Weight loss, as the body, loses a lot of weight very quickly and abnormally and this is one of the most predictive signs of cancer in the body.
- The presence of tumors in the body, appear in the areas of the chest, or the neck, or in the back, or testicles where it is possible that these tumors are cancerous and should be reviewed by the specialist immediately.
- Excessive bleeding in the body, whether from the nose or in the urine, or blood with the stool.
- A change in the regularity of the bowel movement in the body and the occurrence of indigestion, change in the size of the stool, and not feel the completion of the defecation process.
Cancer preventionAlthough there is no way to prevent cancer, there are some tips to reduce the risk of cancer, including:
- Quit smoking, this reduces the risk of cancer, especially lung cancer.
- Avoid long-term exposure to sunlight, because prolonged UV exposure can cause skin cancer.
- Eat a healthy diet, by eating vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and low protein sources or skimmed.
- Regular exercise, at least 30 minutes a day for most days of the week.
- Quit drinking alcohol.
- Taking care of a healthy weight, obesity or excess weight increases the risk of suffering from cancer.